Initially I attempted to put the original sketches directly into Illustrator and use them as my starting point, tracing over them and editing them as necessary. Ultimately, though, I found it more efficient to use Illustrator to begin anew, using the preliminary sketches as reference points. In the end, a couple of the final designs differed from the sketches, as I found some things to work better than others in Illustrator, at least given my current skill level.
The Empire X logo is meant to be simple yet evocative of the fantasy games the company often creates. I positioned the crown and X to balance each other out, without being overly symmetrical.
I didn't deviate much from the sketch for the Quest Hunters design. I decided on the shield logo rather than the more basic square, but simplified it a bit compared to the sketch. I chose fonts that are fairly similar to the sketches for this game logo.
For ShadowRise, I stuck with the idea to use an eclipse motif, but used a font with a different feel to it than the sketch. The font struck me as more fitting for the magical setting and theme of the game.

No comments:
Post a Comment