My idea for the plot was that sometime during the Edo Period (1600s-1800s) in Japan, a wandering masterless samurai(known as rōnin in Japanese) happens upon a small town that is preparing for a war with the gods themselves. The lord of the town had claimed to be more powerful than nature, the spirits of the world, and the gods. This had angered the gods, and they were sending armies to attack the town regularly. Most of its inhabitants had fled. The lord only had a small army left, and is preparing them for a last stand against the demon armies. The rōnin decides to stay in the town, hoping to make some money protecting on of the remaining villagers and see what a war against gods looks like. Eventually, a battle erupts between the samurai and the demon army, which ends in the destruction of the town. The rōnin would survive this encounter, collect his payment, and move on.
I only got about halfway through laying out this idea. At 8 pages, I hadn't even gotten to the battle yet. The entirety of the storyboards I made for this idea are exposition, with none of the planned action scenes completed by the time I changed course.







No comments:
Post a Comment